Lord Ganesha Vakratunda Mahakaya Mantra for Success
Worshipping Lord Ganesh is closely associated with routine life of innumerable Hindu families in India as well as abroad. Ganesh is believed to be the Lord of success and Chanting ganesh mantra has many benefits, who blesses his followers with their desired achievements by removing the obstacles of their paths.
Hence, ‘Vignaharta’ is one of the popular names of Ganesh and it translates to the ‘demolisher of obstacles’. Lord Ganesh enlightens the path of success for his devotees, as his body and possessions symbolize different aspects of being successful in life.
Surya Koti Samaprabha
Sarva Karyeshu Sarvada”
Vakratunda – Curved trunk
Mahakaya – Huge form
Surya – Sun
Koti – Billion
Sama – Equal
Prabha – Splendor
Nirvighnam – No obstacles
Kurume – Give me
Deva – God
Sarva – All
Kaaryeshu – Endeavours
Sarvada – Always
Lord Ganesha Mantra Meaning
“O Lord, with large body, curved trunk and the radiance of a million suns. Please make all my good work free of obstacles, always”.
Ganesh is worshipped in all small and big temples in India and also, across the boundaries. Lord Ganesha’s vehicle is a small mouse, which signifies the complete conquest over egoism. He has a snake tied around his belly. His origin has a philosophical aspect to it. The whole cosmos is compared to the belly of God. In every Hindu house an image of Lord Ganesh can be seen, with sweet puddings in hand, wide ears and long hanging trunk.
Lord Ganesha Symbolism
Lord Ganesh enlightens the path of success for his devotees, as his body and possessions symbolize different aspects of being successful in life.
Here is a discussion on this:
* Ganesh’s head represents the soul, which according to Hindu mythology, is considered to be the ultimate reality of life.
* Ganesh’s human body is the symbol of physical existence of humans on the Earth.
* The elephant head of the Lord signifies intelligence, which is important to achieve success.
* Long trunk symbolizes ‘Om’, which according to Hindu religion, is the basis of universe creation and a success hymn.
* The goad in one of the right hands helps the Lord to remove obstacles from the path of his followers’ success.
* The noose in his left hand helps the Lord to ease out the difficulties faced by his followers.
* Rosary in his one of the four hands propels his followers to continue gaining knowledge throughout the life.
* His broken tusk is held by Ganesh in his fourth hand to encourage humans for sacrificing.
* Snakes on Ganesh’s waist represent the energies to achieve success.
* Ganesh’s ride on mouse conveys human to become humble, even after being on top positions.
* The big ears of Ganesh are to assure that he listens to all his followers.
Vakratunda Mahakaya Mantra Benefits
Lord Ganesh, with all his attributes mentioned above, is considered to develop a positive aura around him and remembering him brings positivism in life that leads to success in various desired forms. The Sanskrit word ”Ganesh” comes from the word ”vighna”, which translates as obstacles, hurdles, hindrances, or impediments.