Saraswati (Sanskrit: Sarasvati) is the Hindu goddess of knowledge, music, arts, wisdom and learning. She is a part of the trinity of Saraswati, Lakshmi and Parvati.
All the three forms help the trinity of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva to create, maintain and regenerate-recycle the Universe respectively. Goddess saraswati is also known in many names Bani, Bharathi, Gayathri, Gyanada, Hamsini, Ira, Kadambari, Mahasweta, Medha, Pavaki, Vani,Vagishwari, Prajna,Saradha,Shardambha,Vani,Vagishwari,Veenavani,Vidya, Vidhya.
Goddess saraswati is also mentioned in Rigveda. She has remained significant as a goddess from the Vedic Rigveda period through modern times of Hindu traditions. All Hindus celebrates the festival of Vasant Panchami or Basant Panchami,Shree Panchami (the fifth day of spring) in her honour,and mark the day by helping young children learn how to write alphabets on that day i.e Aksharabhayas.Saraswati Mantra also helps in developing our speech, removes Vani Dosha and helps us in making the appropriate use of our words.Regular chanting of Saraswati mantra improves speech, memory and concentration in studies.
1. Chanting the Bija Mantra : The Bija Mantra is chanted by devotees as an offering or salutations to Maa Saraswati.
– Aum Aing Saraswathye Namah Aum –
2. Chanting the Vidya Mantra for students : Students who struglle to score well or pass their exams, this mantra is known to improve the power of concentration and memory in students.
Siddhir Bavathume Sadha
3. Saraswati Vandana : This mantra is chanted by devotees to seek Ma Saraswati’s blessing and protection from lethargy, sluggishness and ignorance.
Yaa Kundendu tushaara haaradhavalaa,
Yaa veenavara dandamanditakara,
aa shwetha padmaasana
Yaa brahmaachyutha shankara
prabhritibhir Devaisadaa Vanditha
Saa Maam Paatu Saraswatee
Bhagavatee Nihshesha jaadyaapahaa
4. Mahasaraswati Mantra – This mantra is chanted by devotees to offer salutations to Maa Saraswati.
Aing Mahasaraswatyai Namah
5. Saraswati Mantra – This mantra is chanted to seek blessings to eradicate the evils of ignorance and bestow the devotee with intelligence.
Saar Paramaadyaam Jagadvyaapineem Veennaa Pushtak
Haste Sfatik Maalikaam Vidhateem
Paramaasane Sansthitaam Vande Taam
Parameshwareem Bhagwateem Buddhi Pradaam Shaaradaam.
6. Maha Saraswati Mantra – This simple mantra is mainly chanted by students to make learning easy and help them score well in exams.
Om Aim Hrim
Kleem Maha Saraswati Devaya
7. Saraswati Mantra – This mantra is chanted by students before they start studying for their exams so that Maa blesses them with the power of memory and concentration.
Sidhir bhavathu mey sada
8. Saraswati Mantra – This mantra is chanted to seek success from Maa in career and education. This mantra is also known as Gayathri of Saraswati.
Vageeshwaryae Vidmahe Vagwadeenyae
Dhimahe Tannah Saraswati Prachodayat
9. Saraswati Mantra – This mantra is chanted to seek the divine blessings of Goddess Saraswati to gain all glories and powers of knowledge that exist in the world.
Vidyam dehi namosthuthe
10. Saraswati Mantra – This mantra is chanted to acquire the blessings of knowledge
Vad Vad Vaagwaadinee Swaha
11. Saraswati Mantra – This mantra is chanted for enhanced intelligence in students and adults alike.
Aing Hreeng Shreeng
Vaagdevyai Saraswatyai Namah
12. Saraswati Mantra – This mantra is chanted to be blessed with wisdom of wealth and knowledge.
Arham Mukha Kamal Vaasinee
Paapaatma Kshayam Kaari
Vad Vad Vaagwaadinee Saraswati
Aing Hreeng Namah Swaaha